This week’s edition of Local Spins on WYCE wrapped up the radio station’s Fall Fund Drive with new music from a host of artists, plus some classics by veteran players. Listen to the full podcast.
SCROLL DOWN FOR PODCAST
Support our coverage of
West Michigan's music scene
Over the past year, the Local Spins on WYCE radio show has featured the music of 500-plus local and regional artists, including more than 200 song debuts by Michigan bands and solo acts.
Add six more to the list.
On the final day of WYCE-FM’s Fall Fund Drive, listeners (and donors) got a real treat with:
• The first single, “Everything As It Was,” from Americana band Roosevelt Diggs’ long-awaited, upcoming new album, “Better Days”‘;
• A hard-rocking gem, “Back to Life,” from Grand Rapids’ Moto (which hosted an album-release party for “Ghosts of Moto” on Friday night at The Pyramid Scheme;
• The acoustically fetching “Slam Dunk,” from the debut album, “Green Street,” by Traverse City’s Joe Wilson Trio;
• The on-air premiere of two new West Michigan bands: the eclectic Dalmatian Stone with the first single, “Look Around,” from the upcoming debut album, “Deciph3r,” being released on Nov. 27 (a band featuring Diego Morales, Earl Tolliver and other veteran musicians), and Lowell’s The Ryne Experience, with the track, “Your Sweet Love,” from the band’s first album, “Hokey,” set for release later this year.
• The live track, “Ego Schmego,” by the psychedelic, jam-oriented rock band Cosmic Knot led by Tom Wall.
This week’s edition of Local Spins on WYCE also featured music from Jimmie Stagger, the Connell-Brewer Jazz Band and Earth Radio, which hosts a “Local Spooks” Halloween party at SpeakEZ Lounge at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
PODCAST: Local Spins on WYCE (Oct. 19, 2018)
Copyright 2018, Spins on Music LLC