Facebook has made changes that could affect how often you’re alerted to the marvelous music news that Local Spins works hard to provide. Here’s how to make sure you don’t miss a beat.
Support our coverage of
West Michigan's music scene
In January, Facebook sent some mixed messages about how the social media giant intends to show posts from local news sites, like LocalSpins.com, in your News Feed. About half of Local Spins readers find our stories through Facebook, so we want to make sure you can still find us, whatever the social media giant decides to do next.
You have several choices to see LocalSpins.com:
• Bookmark LocalSpins.com on all your browsers on your computers and mobile devices. Better yet, add us to your Bookmarks bar. This takes you straight to the source!
• Subscribe to our email list. You will never miss a post! Visit the website to sign up at the top of the righthand rail — it’s as easy as typing in your email address and clicking the “Sign up” button. Take it from reader Joseph Ferrante who’s now a faithful subscriber: “Always did a Google search to find local spins. Now, after hitting your subscribe button, I get the Big List and several music articles a week. What a beautiful thing! Keep the music alive.”
We will, Joe, and we’ve planned some special new email newsletters for subscribers in 2018.
• Subscribe to our RSS feed by clicking the far-right icon at the top of the website’s home page.
• Follow us on Instagram (@localspins) and on Twitter (@localspins).
Here are the steps to keep LocalSpins.com available on Facebook, depending on your device.
First, make sure you have liked the Local Spins Facebook page.
• Find the down-arrow to the right of the Help button, on the far right at the top of the page. Click on the arrow.
• Next, click “News Feed Preferences”
• Then, click “Prioritize who to see first”
• A page of profile pictures will appear. Click on the Local Spins logo. Each profile picture that you click will be marked with a star and added at the top of your news feed.
• Then choose the “Done” button located below the page of profile pictures
• In the bottom right corner, tap the three-line menu.
• Find and tap “Settings”
• Tap “News Feed Preferences”
• Tap “Prioritize who to see first”
• Then tap the Local Spins logo
• Tap “Done” to save.
• Locate the three-line menu in the web browser app’s top right corner
• Then tap “News Feed Preferences”
• Now tap “Prioritize who to see first”
• Tap the Local Spins logo
• Then tap “Done” to save.
We’re also seeking reader input regarding possible updates in 2018. Keep an eye out, because you’ll soon find a survey in your email and on the website. We want to know what you like, what you don’t like and what you would like to change.
Most of all, we appreciate you for following LocalSpins.com. Thank you for supporting local journalism and West Michigan’s music scene.
– John Sinkevics
Editor & Publisher, LocalSpins.com
For more information about Facebook’s News Feed changes:
Copyright 2018, Spins on Music LLC