The final weekend of 2019 boasted radiant, jubilant concerts with regional stars playing venues from Grand Rapids to Kalamazoo — captured in images and video at Local Spins.
Wedged between holidays, the final weekend of 2019 was chock full of colorful, upbeat concerts starring local and regional artists who celebrated New Year’s early at venues from Grand Rapids to Kalamazoo:
Support our coverage of
West Michigan's music scene
• On Friday, Joe Hertler & The Rainbow Seekers kicked off two straight nights of their “Fake New Year’s Eve” party at Bell’s Brewery Eccentric Cafe in Kalamazoo, with Ann Arbor’s Chirp joining the fun on Night 1 and Michigan-bred FINKEL on Night 2;
• Friday also unleashed the 17th annual holiday party hosted by Grand Rapids ska favorite Mustard Plug, who fired up Elevation inside The Intersection with help from The Lippies, Dance Contraption and Ugly Flannel;
• Saturday’s jam-packed lineup started with The Accidentals headlining the annual Yule Ball at 20 Monroe Live, a Harry Potter-themed affair;
• Grand Rapids’ Listening Room hosted a rare, all-acoustic show from Grand Rapids hard rock/alt-rock band Coldville;
• Hannah Rose Graves once again toasted her birthday at Founders Brewing Co., with her band The GravesTones joined by The Turnips for a robust night of eclectic music. Scroll down for all of the photo galleries and a video.
PHOTO GALLERY: Joe Hertler & The Rainbow Seekers at Bell’s Brewery Eccentric Cafe
(With Chirp on Friday & FINKEL on Saturday)
Photos by Derek Ketchum
PHOTO GALLERY: Mustard Plug, Lippies, Dance Contraption, Ugly Flannel at Elevation
Photos by Benjamin Howell
PHOTO GALLERY: The Accidentals at Yule Ball, 20 Monroe Live
Photos by Anthony Norkus