Nasty, snowy weather didn’t cancel everything over the weekend. Several shows heated things up from Grand Rapids to Kalamazoo, captured in images at Local Spins.
Winter storms and blizzard-like conditions may have canceled a bunch of events and kept some people home this week, but the show(s) must go on.
Support our coverage of
West Michigan's music scene
Scroll down for images from several tour stops and concerts that heated up West Michigan, including:
• Country music’s Restless Road swinging by Elevation inside The Intersection in Grand Rapids as part of the band’s “Bar Friends Tour”;
• Returning to their home state from Nashville, Patty Pershayla & The Mayhaps were joined by Elijah Russ Trio in pumping up Old Dog Tavern in Kalamazoo;
• Kait Rose and Great Lakes Brass uncorking tributes to Fleetwood Mac at Bell’s Brewery Eccentric Cafe in Kalamazoo;
• Singer-songwriter Mat Kearney playing a sold-out show at St. Cecilia Music Center (view a full review here);
• John Shea Trio, Chris Corey Sr. & Chris Corey Jr., The Bootstrap Boys and more playing the International Wine, Beer & Food Festival at Grand Rapids’ DeVos Place.
Plus, check out the Local Spins review and photo gallery from Puscifer at DeVos Performance Hall on Tuesday: Puscifer probes depths of vaudevillian, sci-fi, electro-rock, multimedia spectacles in GR show
PHOTO GALLERY: Restless Road at Elevation
Photos by Eric Stoike
PHOTO GALLERY: Patty Pershayla & The Mayhaps, Elijah Russ Trio at Old Dog Tavern
Photos by Derek Ketchum
PHOTO GALLERY: Mat Kearney at St. Cecilia Music Center
Photos by Jamie Geysbeek