Amid the current crisis, musicians have a lot of time on their hands. That means some have come up with hilarious takes on our response to the unprecedented situation. Face it: We all need a chuckle right now.
UPDATE: We’ve added a West Michigan gem to the roster. Check out the Brandino Extravaganza’s
Support our coverage of
West Michigan's music scene
If ever the world needs a good laugh to stay sane, it’s now.
Songwriters have always been inspired by the calamities of life and satirists among those artists, in particular, achieve true brilliance during these times of crisis.
So Local Spins has compiled videos from the spate of funny videos inspired by the COVID-19 crisis to satisfy our stay-at-home entertainment cravings. And in their own witty way, these artists are instructing us how to help mitigate the spread of this virus.
Watch the videos here … from the safety of your self-quarantined nests: Local Spins’ Top 10 coronavirus song parodies.
PARENTAL ADVISORY: Some of these videos contain profanity.
1. “Bohemian Virus Rhapsody,” Jennifer Corday does Queen
2. “My Corona,” Chris Mann revamps The Knack
3. “My Corona Home,” Jon Pumper pokes fun with a version of “Kokomo”
4. Parody of Natalie Imbruglia’s “Torn”
5. Neil Diamond reinvents “Sweet Caroline”
6. “Do I Have the COVID Virus?” take on Barenaked Ladies’ “If I Had a Million Dollars”
7. “Social Distance” by Randy Rainbow
8. Billy Joel’s “We Didn’t Spread the Virus” and The Proclaimers’ “500 Miles” reinterpreted by Five Times August (Brad Skistimas)
9. The Holderness Family’s parody a cappella of Taylor Swift (“Wash Your Hands”)
10. “Coronaviscerated” by metalcore’s Vermicide Violence
BONUS PICK: The Brandino Extravaganza, “This is Quarantine” (Parody of “This is Halloween”)
Copyright 2020, Spins on Music LLC